When everyone is only concerned about losing weight, it can be very difficult to figure out how to gain weight in a healthy and safe way. Don’t worry, you can gain weight as long as you plan and stick to it. Here are some effective tips to gain weight.
Gaining weight through meals
Add calories to your meal.
When preparing a meal, try to increase your calories in a creative way. Add a piece of cheese to a sandwich, or add poached eggs to the soup. Or add olive oil to the vegetables, or add seeds, nuts and cheese.
Eat high-fat snacks
Fat is a very important part of your diet, and eating it can help you manage your weight in a healthier way. Eat nuts, seeds, and nut butter, and add cheese, crackers, and dried fruit to yogurt. Hummus is also a very good food to eat with bread or vegetables, and olive oil also helps increase calories. When you want to have a savory meal, try adding olives and cheese.
- Spreads such as guacamole, tapenade, pesto, and hummus can be easily used as snacks by placing them in the refrigerator.
- Bring an energy bar with nuts and eat it as a snack when you go out.
Drink milk and high-calorie beverages.
Drinking water is good for your health, but it can reduce your appetite. If you drink a lot of water between meals, try replacing water with milk, smoothies, or shakes.
- Choose milk that has no lower fat content than skim milk.
- Try adding peanut butter or protein powder to your smoothie or shake.
- Like coconut milk and peanut milk, vegetable milk is high in fat and tastes good.
- Eat nutritious beverages from around the world. Beverages such as kefir, horchata, chia fresca, lassi, rice flour, and telba are high in calories and protein.
- Drink water after meals and drink low-calorie beverages.
Protein is important for weight gain. Eating red meat can help with weight gain and especially muscle development. Salmon is a high-calorie, healthy fat-rich food, and yogurt contains a lot of protein.
- Other fatty fish can also help with weight gain. Always have a can of sardines or tuna on your side.
- Beans are a great protein and carbohydrate food.
- If you’re not getting enough protein, consider using a protein supplement.
Eat high-calorie vegetables
Eat high-calorie vegetables rather than celery or high-water vegetables. Avocados are a very healthy source of fat and can be used in a variety of dishes. Carbohydrate foods such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and corn can also help with weight gain.
- Fruits like bananas, berries, grapes, and mangoes also add calories and fiber.
Eat whole wheat bread.
Whole wheat bread, pasta, and crackers contain more nutrients and calories than refined grains. Eat bread with butter, olive oil, peanut butter, avocado, tahini or honey.
It’s not good to rely solely on sweet foods, but it’s okay to eat sweet snacks often. If you eat cake or ice cream occasionally, don’t worry. However, if you have to eat dessert every day, eat small amounts of the following foods: dark chocolate, whole fat yogurt with fruit and granola, nut mix, whole grain bread.
If you are underweight, you can get full quickly. To overcome this, you need to increase the amount of food you eat. Instead of eating three meals, try small meals 5-6 times a day. And eat mid-medium snacks.
- Eat or eat snacks before going to bed. Eating food right before bed can help with weight gain.