Body shame is very common in our society and also its very important to always make record of calories you eat and make your body to be loved by yourself whenever you look in to mirror. Here are some effective tips to gain weight
Gain weight safely
Gain weight slowly
It’s not practical to gain weight quickly, and it doesn’t benefit your health either. If you eat until you feel uncomfortable, it can be harmful to your health. Stop eating when you feel full. If you don’t feel like you’ve eaten a lot, try a snack.
- Make a weight gain plan with your doctor, dietitian, or personal trainer.
- Realistically, if you stick to your diet and exercise consistently, you can increase muscle weight by 0.5 to 1 kg per month. If you mix muscle and fat, you can gain even more weight. It’s a good idea to only increase 0.5 – 1 kg per week.
- If you don’t do strength training, you can gain 1 to 2 kg of muscle and fat weight per month.
Avoid eating junk food
Every time you eat junk food, you can easily increase your calorie intake, but it can be harmful. Instead, cook your own meals when you have time. If you don’t like cooking or don’t have a lot of time, here are some ways to buy healthy foods. A good alternative is to eat at a restaurant that lists all of the main ingredients.
- If you want to cook yourself but are too busy during the week, try preparing food for the weekend. Put half of it in the freezer to avoid spoiling the food.
- In general, avoid eating fried foods, sweet snacks, soft drinks and candies.
Talk to your doctor or dietitian
If you’ve lost weight even though you didn’t intend to, talk to your doctor. To determine if other diseases are the cause, your doctor may check your thyroid gland and see if there is a hormonal imbalance. If you haven’t gotten your doctor’s help, seek the advice of a dietitian.